A report by Google on iPhones being hacked was described as misinforming by Apple on Friday, September 6th, AFP reported.
Apple, through its spokesperson Fred Sainz, said Google made it seem as if a large number of iPhone users were hacked.
Sainz said that what Google suggested is barely accurate and extremely exaggerated.
"Fewer than a dozen websites that focus on content related to the Uighur community, an ethnic minority in China," were affected by the incident.
"Regardless of the scale of the attack, we take the safety and security of all users extremely seriously," he wrote.
"Google's post, issued six months after iOS patches were released, creates the false impression of 'mass exploitation' to 'monitor the private activities of entire populations in real time,' stoking fear among all iPhone users that their devices had been compromised. This was never the case," he added.
The Google report said iPhone users were attacked by malicious data-accessing software through some websites.
"Simply visiting the hacked site was enough for the exploit server to attack your device, and if it was successful, install a monitoring implant," said Ian Beer of Google’s Project Zero.
Meanwhile, Apple’s Sainz said, "We fixed the vulnerabilities in question in February―working extremely quickly to resolve the issue just 10 days after we learned about it."
"When Google approached us, we were already in the process of fixing the exploited bugs. Security is a never-ending journey and our customers can be confident we are working for them."