North Korea's official media on Tuesday, June 11th called on the United States to "abandon its hostile policy" toward Pyongyang, or perhaps the agreements reached at a summit meeting between the two countries' leaders in Singapore a year ago were "a blank sheet of paper," Reuters has reported.
The statement, broadcast by the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), is similar to last week's warning and reflects the stalemate since the second summit of US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Hanoi in February.
The Hanoi summit collapsed amid US demands that North Korea abandon its nuclear programme and North Korea's demands to ease sanctions.
"The arrogant and unilateral US policy will never work on the DPRK, which values sovereignty," KCNA said. North Korea's official name is the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).
The report said a four-point joint statement signed by Trump and Kim on June 12th last year vows to work towards a new relationship "at risk of becoming a dead letter because the United States ignores its implementation."
"Now is the time for the US to withdraw its hostile policy concerning the DPRK," it said.
South Korean President Mon Jie-nen on Monday expressed his belief that inter-Korean talks and discussions between North Korea and the United States will resume soon.
He said during a state visit to Finland that talks were under way to hold a third summit between North Korea and the United States "and I do not think the situation requires a third country arrangement."
Trump said last week he was looking forward to meeting Kim at the right time.
State Department spokesman Morgan Ortagos said on Monday that Trump and Foreign Minister Mike Pompeo would attend the G20 summit in Japan this month and then visit South Korea to meet with Moon and coordinate efforts to definitively disarm North Korea.