Renault, Mitsubishi and Nissan Motor have confirmed Thursday their commitment to the alliance after the first closed-circuit meeting between the companies’ managers since the arrest of its chairman Carlos Ghosn in Japan, which left a major shock in the sector.
"We remain fully committed to the alliance," the three companies said in a joint statement, while Carlos Ghosn remains in custody in Japan on suspicion of financial irregularities.
Ghosn was the one maintained the cohesion of the world's largest tripartite alliance with about 10.6 million cars last year.
His arrest revealed boiling and turbulence in the Franco-Japanese partnership.
In their joint statement on Thursday, the three companies said the alliance between them "has achieved unparalleled success in the past two decades."
The managers of the three companies sent an internal message to reassure staff that the alliance was on track.