UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres condemned the recent attacks on four ships off the coast of the United Arab Emirates and the drone attacks on oil field in Saudi Arabia, said Guterres spokesperson Stephane Dujarric in press statements on Wednesday, May 15th. Yemeni Houthi militias claimed responsibility for the attacks on Saudi Arabia's oil field.
Dujarric added in press statements that Guterres urges to launch an investigation to identify the perpetrators of the attacks on ships off the coast of the UAE.
"The secretary-general recalls that attacks targeting civilian infrastructure violate international humanitarian law," Dujarric told a regular briefing.
The secretary-general called upon all actors to exercise maximum restraint and prevent any escalation amid heightened tensions, Dujarric said.
The US embassy in Baghdad announced earlier on Wednesday in a statement that the US State Department ordered the departure of "non-emergency government employees" from Iraq, Reuters has reported.
Referring to the embassy and the US consulate in Erbil, it said "normal visa services at both posts will be temporarily suspended. The US government