The 2018 Royal Rumble that took place in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is the biggest match in the history of WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment). 50 wrestling superstars competed and Braun Strowman emerged victorious for the second time after the other 49 contenders were eliminated, including his final opponent from last year, Big Cass. Like any other Royal Rumble match, the match starts with two contenders entering the ring, and a new entry is introduced every 90 seconds. Throughout their time in the ring, superstars must eliminate their opponents as there can only be one winner. Elimination is achieved by throwing an opponent over the top rope and both of his feet must touch the floor. The last man standing is declared winner.
After the match, Turki Al Sheikh, Chairman of the Saudi General Sports Authority, and Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment, WWE, awarded Strowman with the Championship Belt.
The Royal Rumble was the climax of 10 bouts, 7 of which were championship matches.
• The Cruiserweight Championship between Cedric Alexander, who holds the title, and Kalisto, ended in Cedric Alexander retaining the championship.
• The Raw Tag Team Championship that included the title holders, Sheamus, and Cesaro vs Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt, ended in the victory of Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt, making them the new Raw Tag Team Champions.
• The United States Championship title between the title holder Jeff Hardy and the former title holder, Jindar Mahal, resulted in Jeff Hardy beating Mahal and retaining the championship.
• The SmackDown Tag Team Championship match between the title holders, the Usos, Jimmy and Jey Uso, and the Bludgeon Brothers, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan ended in victory for the Bludgeon Brothers, crowning them the new SmackDown Tag Team Champions.
• The WWE Championship match between the title holder, AJ Styles, and Shinsuke Nakamura ended in a draw due to both superstars being outside the ring for more than ten counts, which means that Styles retained his championship.
• A Ladder Match took place in a Fatal 4-Way for the Intercontinental Championship, between the title holder, Seth Rollins and Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, and The Miz (Michael Mizanin). The Miz won, making him the new Intercontinental Champion.
• A Steel Cage match for the Universal WWE Championship between the title holder, Brock Lesnar, and Roman Reigns, ended in Reigns delivering his finisher move, Spear, to Lesnar in such powerful way that the cage broke and both contenders fell. However due to the stipulations of the match, and the fact that Lesnar touched the floor first, he was declared the winner, and has successfully retained the championship.
The other two matches were:
• Triple H (Paul Levesque – formerly Hunter Hurst Helmsley) vs John Cena, ended in the victory of John Cena.
• The Casket Match between Mark Calaway, known by the ring name ‘the Undertaker‘ and Rusev ended in the Undertaker’s victory.