Italian police on Wednesday April 17th arrested two men planning attacks in the name of the terrorist group Isis, AFP has reported.
The police said that the 24-year old Italian and 18-year old Moroccan were nabbed in northern Italy after posting Isis images and videos on social networks.
According to local media reports citing prosecutors, the pair were "ready to attack." The reports added that they had been plotting an attack on Italian soil after their plans to travel to Syria to fight were thwarted by the defeat of Isis.
The suspects had downloaded video instructions on how to carry out bombings and suicide attacks, police said.