Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has dismissed speculation over the future of French midfielder Paul Pogba.
The 26-year-old has been closely linked with a move away from the club throughout the summer. Real Madrid as well as his former club Juventus are reported to be interested in his services.
The World Cup-winner added fuel to the transfer reports when the BBC reported on June 16th that he said, "For me, I have been in Manchester for three years and have been doing great; some good moments and some bad moments, like everybody. Like everywhere else.
"After this season and everything that happened this season, with my season being my best season as well... I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge."
Pogba’s agent Mina Raiola also added to the speculation as reported by AFP that he told talkSPORT on Tuesday, June 9th, "everyone knows the willingness of Paul to move on".
Solsksjaer, speaking in his first pre-season press conference in Perth Australia has played down the reports insisting that club were not under pressure to sell any player. "There are no bids for our players. Agents talk all the time. We are Manchester United, we don't have to sell players," he said.
Footage has surfaced suggesting Pogba may have clashed with teammate Jesse Lingard in training. But Solskjaer said there was no conflict between the pair and he also criticised the press for their negative treatment of Pogba. "With Paul, it looks like it's going to be a media circus, I don't want to call it that, but it's an agenda against Paul," he said.
"He's a top, top bloke. He's a great professional. He's never been any problem.
"Jesse and Paul were walking around and it's been portrayed as a fight between the two boys. There are no problems between the boys. Pre-season has been very good so far."