Thai Authorities ordered the arrest of four more suspects, on Wednesday August 14th on suspicion of them being involved in several bomb attacks which injured four people on August 2nd in Bangkok, Reuters reported.
This comes after the authorities arrested two people accused of planting bombs in front of Bangkok police headquarters shortly before the blasts. Police called the bombs fake, but authorities said the two detainees are linked to the insurgency.
"There will be more warrants for others involved," Krisana Pattanacharoen, a deputy police spokesperson, told Reuters as the investigation continues.
Police said that they are looking for at least 15 suspects over the attacks.
Six small bombs and six incendiary devices went off on August 2nd, terrorising Bangkok, and injuring four people while senior diplomats such as US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi were in the city for the security summit.
Last week's blasts are "linked to a southern group", Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan told reporters.
"We have to investigate how they travelled and where they obtained the bombs," he said.